Side Hung Garage Doors
Side hung doors are hinged and open in two parts.
Advantages of a side hung garage door
- Ideal if you’re often popping in and out of the garage, but don’t need to park the car in there.
- Modern side-hung doors are insulated, very secure, and overcome weaknesses of traditional single skin doors.
- Modern finishes such as fibreglass (GRP) and hot dipped galvanised steel are maintenance free.
- They work well with an electric opener.
Disadvantages of a side hung garage door
- If they’re not controlled remotely, putting the car in the garage can be time-consuming.
- They require plenty of space in order to open, so you can’t park right in front of the garage.
- Cannot open out onto driveways that slope upwards.
We are agents for Garador Side Hung Garage Doors in Derby.
Call 01332 660666 or email us for a free printed brochure or home visit with no obligation (please provide your name and contact details).